This first week of genius hour is all about planing. However planning is not as simple as it sounds it should be. I struggled with being able to sit down and just plan something out for eight weeks. I like to procrastinate my homework and just go with the flow on a lot of things and this project, I'm not able to do that. I have no idea what this project in store for me, but if I'm able to stick to the plan and keep on my work I will be just fine.
I'm planning to research and study the cooking terms by using cookbooks and using the internet. My dad has been helping me as well my talking me through some of the things he has cooked and how to cook them. Using my parents cookbooks and the knowledge of my parents and grandparents will help me get through this project.
Our shark tank pitch was very difficult I thought. Well I didn't think it was hard it was that I was more confused on how it had to be. I had no idea how much information to put down on each slide or just not even know how many slides to have for the presentation. To me my presentation went well as I was able to get the information across that I wanted to.
I agree, learning how to cook is essential. I encourage you to go beyond just the basics. I think you will find it less difficult than first imagined. Cookbooks are useful, but don't be afraid to get creative and modify recipes. It's fun to experiment, and see what you think tastes best. I wish you the best of luck for the next 8 weeks.
ReplyDeleteKaden, this will be an excellent journey for you! Being able to cook is an excellent skill to have, especially when you are off on your own in college. It would get awfully bland if you ate ramen everyday, and also unhealthy. I like the way you are going about things, especially if you make a side dish with each meal, then you can vary the combinations and have a new meal every time you cook the main course. Good luck to you Kaden, also you forgot the "t" in "lo" in the second paragraph.
ReplyDeleteI am really glad that I can possibly help you build a skill: planning!
ReplyDelete