Thursday, October 11, 2018

Week Two: Terms

This past week for my genius hour was laid back for me. I have been trying to study and learn terminology for the cooking terms. Learning the terminology isn't as easy as I thought it was going to be. I didn't realize how many terms there actually are for cooking so for now I'm trying to keep my vocabulary simple and learn the words like mince, simmer and etc.

Doing this project has been really hard for me. I always find myself telling myself "oh I have time, I can do that another time", the problem is I don't have time and I just keep pushing it off. I find myself procrastinating this project all the time and I can't help it. I've always put off my homework because I don't wanna do it, and putting off this project has been hurting me as I'm almost falling behind because I didn't get to learn all the terminology I wanted to for this project. Luckily I'm gonna learn them as I keep going forward with my plan so I can learn as I go. I need advice on how to help my procrastinating so I can stay focused and get my work done when I need to. My biggest concern when we started this genius hour project was that I would put off my homework and now that we've started it, I find myself putting of my work and its hurting my productivity.

2 comments:

  1. By laid back do you mean procrastinate? I feel like you will be able to push through and make the greatest food dishes the world has ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had this same problem before Kaden. When I come home after practice in sports, I get so tired and exhausted there's not much I want to do besides eat dinner and go to bed. Try using a planner so you have to have certain assignments done on certain dates. If it works, maybe you can counter the urge to procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete