Well, these past two weeks have been a blur for me. I was busy every weekend and almost every weekday. I had three birthdays and a wedding these last two weeks that brought a lot of family into town. With my genius hour being that I'm learning how to cook, I have to be able to have the time to sit down and make my meal. We go out to eat for birthdays so those days I wasn't able to cook, and then with the wedding, we had meals planned out everyday family was in town so we could all catch up and have fun. I was really panicking because I still haven't made a meal these weeks for blogger, so on Monday when my mom said she was gonna make Chicken Bacon Ranch pasta I told her I was gonna make it and it was one of my meals I had planned on cooking. The only issue was I wasn't supposed to make this until next week so I had to move my schedule around.
This week I made Chicken Bacon Ranch pasta. First, I started with getting the chicken ready by getting a pot of water and boiling the chicken until it was cooked throughout. After the chicken was cooked, I drained the water and and got out a bigger pan and put water in it to boil so I could put the noodles in it. I also put oil in the water that was gonna have the noodles inside of it. While the noodles were cooking, I used a knife and cut the chicken into a ton of smaller pieces. After I was done cutting the chicken, the noodles were still being cooked, I grabbed another pan to saute some mushrooms. I was putting red chili peppers into the mushrooms to give them a little spice and when I went to pour them in, I accidentally screwed the whole lid off and a ton of chili peppers ended up in the mushrooms. Let’s just say the mushrooms in the pasta made it a little to spicy. After the noodles were done, I strained the noodles and put them back into their pan where I cut up cream cheese and dump it into the pasta to melt and stir it around. I also added milk and a half packet of hidden valley ranch to give it some taste. I then added the cut up pieces of chicken into the pasta. After I added the chicken, I also added shredded cheese and some bacon bits to give it a different taste with cheese. I just added cheese as I felt it needed. My family were the testers for my meal and they enjoyed it, except my mom said it was to spicy, so lesson learned is check the lid to see if it’s a screw off lid or if you just lift the top off.




My mom would probably have said it was too spicy, as well. She can't handle any sort of spice. Anyhow, it looks rather tasty.
ReplyDeleteI guess I never realized how many dishes it takes to cook this kind of stuff as I never watch my father cook. He's the one that likes to make these kind of meals.
I also had a little bit of trouble finding time to work on stuff, especially over Thanksgiving break, but I am glad to see it worked out for you. Keep up the good work!
I can totally relate to the stress of finding time to bake. It's not really something you can practice anytime and any place. Chicken bacon ranch pasta sounds really yummy! Is it a meal your mom usually makes and do you think you will make it again? I know I'll eventually have to learn how to make a lot of my own mom's recipes because I know I'll miss them when I leave for college. I hope the rest of your cooking is smooth sailing!
ReplyDeleteLooks pretty delicious Kaden. I would gobble that up for sure. Good job on being aware with your schedule and moving things around. I could take a few tips about that from you. Its cool to see you actually cooking a meal for your family, its a pretty big responsibility.
ReplyDeleteI love that pasta! You did really well working with ll the things coming into our life. It makes me feel better, actually, so see other people not finding a lot of time either in our busy lives. It was really responsible of you to make sure to get in that time and I bet your family loved that you cooked for them! Keep working hard.
ReplyDelete